This website is operated by Caradok limited and whose registered address is Caradok Limited Unit 11b, Shefford Industrial Park, Old Bridge Way, Shefford, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, SG17 5HQ.
We are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our customers when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We will never sell your data to someone else.
We only ever use your data to collect information on how you use our website – so we know what’s working and what isn’t.
When it comes to how you would like to hear from us, you can opt out at any time: just let us know or click the ‘unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We confirm that we will keep your information secure and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when you visit our website.
Types of information we may collect from you
From time to time we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
Information you supply to us.
You may supply us with information about you by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you complete a purchase, submit a contact/enquiry form and trade account applications.
- Checkout process, We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
- Credit card information is collected and handled through a third-party supplier (Shopify and PayPal). Shopify payments are conducted through an iframe which ensures the user is inputting their details directly onto secure Shopify servers, no card numbers are ever stored on our server. PayPal payments are handled through PayPal’s external servers.
- Account email/password If you choose to create an account with us, we will collect your name, address, and email. We will use this data will to populate the checkout for future orders. To allow you to access your account (if you have one), we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Marketing Emails if you choose to receive marketing material from us we will collect your name and email address to send you promotional emails we think you might be interested in. Again you are able to opt-out at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe at the bottom of all our emails.
Information our website automatically collects about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information including the following:
- Technical information, including a shortened and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
How we may use the information we collect
We use the information in the following ways:
Information you supply to us.
We will use this information:
- To provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
- To register you as our customer
- To put through your order and deliver it to you
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To send you important account /order/service information
- To respond to your queries, refund requests or feedback
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- So we can show you things that are relevant to you (on our website and in our advertising), and recommend things you might be interested in
- So we can improve our website, products we make, and the experiences you have with us
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
Information we automatically collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. Find out how Google uses your data at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Disclosure of your information and where we store your data.
We only ever keep your data for as long as we need it. Data security is very important to us and we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure any data we hold about you.
Any information you provide to us will be emailed directly to us. We use a trusted website and hosting provider, Shopify, to facilitate our website. Shopify meet high data protection and security standards and are bound by contract to keep any information they process on our behalf confidential. Any data that may be collected through this website that Shopify process, is kept secure. Shopify cannot access, provide, rectify or delete any data that they store on our behalf without permission.
Shopify complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from data subjects in the EEA ( European Economic Area - The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein), and with the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from data subjects in Switzerland. In this regard, Shopify have certified that they adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfers, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability.
Some of your data may be stored outside of the The EEA. If Shopify store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the [Data Protection Act 1998]
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights – access to your personal data
If you have an account on this website, you can request to receive an export file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can ask us to show you the information we have about you, correct it, delete it or change the way we use it. No fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. You’re also always able to opt – out of receiving any of our marketing activities just by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process data for :
- staff administration (including payroll);
- advertising, marketing and public relations;
- accounts and records;
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
We do not use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the websites.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.